We value your time! Our staff works efficiently to expedite your healing in fewer appointments.
Our procedures do not require downtime, so you can go back to work or your regular activities once you leave our center.
Same-Day Vein Ultrasound
If signs of venous insufficiency are detected during your vein screening, we work to get you in for a vein ultrasound mapping as soon as possible.
You’ll need to complete a questionnaire about your medical history. For your convenience, we offer THREE methods in which to complete the New Patient Paperwork.
- You may complete the form at our office on the day of your appointment. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your appointment to allow yourself time to complete the form.
- You may COMPLETE THE FORM ONLINE using your computer or mobile device and submit your information over the Internet.
- If you do not feel comfortable submitting your information online, then you may download the appropriate form from the list below. You can then print out the form, fill it out at home, and bring it with you to your appointment. You will then not be required to arrive 15 minutes early.
If you have any questions regarding the form, please call our El Paso office at 915-855-6508, San Antonio at 210-481-9544, or Abilene at 325-268-4040 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Pants vs. Shorts
You may wish to wear shorts to your appointment to avoid having to change when you arrive. However, if you’re wearing pants, we’ll provide you a pair of disposable shorts to change into. One of our board-certified vascular surgeons will examine your legs and ask you a few simple questions. The physician will determine if you’re a candidate for further vein testing or if another treatment option (e.g., compression stockings) would be appropriate.
What to Bring
- Insurance Card
- List of All Medications
- Completed Forms from Above (unless you wish to complete them at our office)
- Name & Contact Information for Your Primary Care Physician
- Name & Contact Information for Any Previously Seen Specialists
Why Have a Vein Screening?
- There’s no need to live with pain or discomfort. Our vein screenings are completely free with no obligation. You owe it to yourself to learn if we can relieve your symptoms. If we can’t help, we may be able to refer you to someone who can.
- You know the old saying, “where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” You may be experiencing small symptoms today. But if left untreated, your symptoms could quickly get out of control and lead to much larger health risks. Don’t take the risk! Dr. Gerges is a leading interventionist and can take steps to help you avoid stroke, amputation, and even death.
- The vein screening is painless, unobtrusive, and typically takes half an hour to complete. In more severe cases, however, multiple tests may be necessary and can take up to two hours. You’ll have your results before you walk out the door.
- Did we mention that the screening is FREE?
Does Insurance Cover It?
The screening is free, while the treatment may be covered by your insurance plan. Each of the three I-Vascular Center locations accepts different insurance providers. View our complete list. During your screening, our billing department will check your insurance coverage.
Three Convenient Texas Locations:
Next to Davita/El Paso Kidney
11989 Pellicano Dr., Suite D
El Paso, TX 79936
Medical Park at Stone Oak
San Antonio, TX 78258