We value your time! Our staff works efficiently to expedite your healing in fewer appointments.
Our procedures do not require downtime, so you can go back to work or your regular activities once you leave our center.
Same-Day Vein Ultrasound
If signs of venous insufficiency are detected during your vein screening, we work to get you in for a vein ultrasound mapping right away, typically on the same day.
You’ll complete a questionnaire about your medical history. The questionnaire takes about 15 minutes to complete, so please arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment or you may download the form from the list below, fill it out, and bring it with you. If you have any questions, please call our El Paso office at 915-855-6508, San Antonio at 210-481-9544, or Abilene at 325-268-4040 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
If you’re wearing pants, we’ll provide you a pair of disposable shorts to change into. One of our board-certified vascular surgeons will examine your legs and ask you a few simple questions. The physician will determine if you’re a candidate for further vein testing or if another treatment option (e.g., compression stockings) would be appropriate.
What to Bring
- Insurance Card
- List of All Medications
- Completed Forms from Above (unless you wish to complete them at our office)
- Name & Contact Information for Your Primary Care Physician
- Name & Contact Information for Any Previously Seen Specialists
Why Have a Vein Screening?
- There’s no need to live with pain or discomfort. Our vein screenings are completely free with no obligation. You owe it to yourself to learn if we can relieve your symptoms. If we can’t help, we may be able to refer you to someone who can.
- You know the old saying, “where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” You may be experiencing small symptoms today. But if left untreated, your symptoms could quickly get out of control and lead to much larger health risks. Don’t take the risk! Dr. Gerges is a leading interventionist and can take steps to help you avoid stroke, amputation, and even death.
- The vein screening is painless, unobtrusive, and typically takes half an hour to complete. In more severe cases, however, multiple tests may be necessary and can take up to two hours. You’ll have your results before you walk out the door.
- Did we mention that the screening is FREE?
Does Insurance Cover It?
The screening is free, while the treatment may be covered by your insurance plan. Each of the three I-Vascular Center locations accepts different insurance providers. View our complete list. During your screening, our billing department will check your insurance coverage.
Three Convenient Texas Locations:
Next to Davita/El Paso Kidney
11989 Pellicano Dr., Suite D
El Paso, TX 79936
Medical Park at Stone Oak
San Antonio, TX 78258
Hendrick Health #1
6300 Regional Plaza, #475
Abilene, TX 79606